Model: Construction Wagon

The place for Contributors to sign up for tasks and discussion of their work and progress.
Dragonlord
Forum Administrator

Post by Dragonlord » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:55 pm

Ah I see. You have not the right texture options set in this case. Under the Material Button there is a Map Input Panel. In there you have to tick the UV Button. Chances are it's on Orco right now. This tells Blender to use the UV coordinates you unwrapped instead of the original coordinates ( Orco ). Not sure if ticking the Flat Button is required too but I think not.
Oh to be a dragon, of silkworm size or immense...

Siath
Contributors

Post by Siath » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:16 pm

So should I have that ticked when I upwrap as well - in order that it 'knows' to put it back to those?

(so much I seem to know - yet so much I've yet to learn)

Also, I downloaded and installed the newest version again... (seems mostly the same to me...)
Siath

Dragonlord
Forum Administrator

Post by Dragonlord » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:26 pm

No, the Unwrap and Texturing process are distinct. For Unwrapping you need nothing set at all except the settings I mentioned in the Unwrap popup. For Texturing you need to other settings. You tell Blender there how to project the texture on your mesh. Using Orco means the original coordinates are used which means from (0,0) to (1,1) for each individual face ( hence each face covers the entire texture ). We want now though that Blender uses the unwrapped UV coordinates. Therefore we tick the "UV" button instead of the "Orco" button to tell Blender this. Therefore it's a rather simple process in the end.

Siath
Contributors

Post by Siath » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:39 pm

Well, my computer crashed - I'm using some computer that I've rebuilt - it's running XP Pro - but it's only a Celeron 500 with erm NO memory to talk about - but hopefully I can use this one to enter the hdd from my main computer and retrieve files before doing a complete reinstall of WinXP home on that computer.

I'll keep ya updated.
Siath

Dragonlord
Forum Administrator

Post by Dragonlord » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Computer problems? HDD inaccessible? Need a quick boot?

Get Knoppix!

Never leave home without it :D

Siath
Contributors

Post by Siath » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:01 am

Yeah, I Kubuntu for the AMD 64 sitting here, but I need WinXP on this computer, because my wife uses it for College.. so I'm going to have to make this XP work or else.... (and at this point the or else is sending the computer to the Geek Squad to repair or replace the HDD.. as it won't boot into the HDD, the recovery DVD hangs at the point where it should be giving me the option for a full restore of default or a restore with the current load.

Needless to say, I have a computer running with XP Pro and Blender - so I need you to email the .blend file for the construction wagon in order that I can work again on getting the UV unwrap to work again.
Siath

Siath
Contributors

Post by Siath » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:37 pm

So, I'm no running Kubuntu for AMD64 on this computer - Blender 2.43 and the Gimp 2.41 (I think) -

I've already worked on reducing the amount of faces and vertices in order to get a 'cleaner' unwrap - I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Siath

Dragonlord
Forum Administrator

Post by Dragonlord » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:18 pm

Glad it works. Never used Kubuntu myself but I heard good things about it.

Siath
Contributors

Post by Siath » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:48 pm

I still cannot get this UV(un)wrapper to work.
Siath

Dragonlord
Forum Administrator

Post by Dragonlord » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:42 pm

You can still send it to me if you want then I can do it for you.

Siath
Contributors

Post by Siath » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:16 pm

I'm sorry - some normal life crap has slowed this down a bit - but I should be back on track this week some time.

After I tweak the model some more - I'll shoot it off in an email for you :D
Siath

Dragonlord
Forum Administrator

Post by Dragonlord » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:38 pm

No problem. I had been slowed down myself a bit. This PC that died at the office turned out to be a bigger headache than expected in the first place :/

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable