Texture: Office Wallpaper

The place for Contributors to sign up for tasks and discussion of their work and progress.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dragonlord
Forum Administrator
Texture: Office Wallpaper

Post by Dragonlord » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:53 pm

Task Subject
creating world textures for the office building. all the textures have to be created at 512x512 resolution or better 1024x1024 resultion. providing the same texture at different lower resolutions is optional. resolution has to be square and of a power of 2.

wallpaper texture has to be of a fawn color tending towards white. the wallpaper surface is composed of plaster with medium sized irregularities. the wallpaper has a uniform color. the wallpaper is tidy, hence not damaged or weared down.

possible variations are wallpapers which are slightly wet or in a not so well state. those could be used for more cellar like places where the office company does not have to have nice and clean wallpapers.

Assignments
Texture: unasigned

Status
waiting

Media
no media yet.
Oh to be a dragon, of silkworm size or immense...

edwinbradford
First Steps

First textures for Epsylon

Post by edwinbradford » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:03 pm

Hi DragonLord, Hi everyone,

My first textures for the project. Sorry DL that I've been a bit slow with this but I'm doing lots of reading up on Maya and Game Textures and dealing with PC purchasing issues at the same time.

I was a bit unsure of direction so decided to do what I'd do with any client which is put up a range of images here :

http://www.behindyou.info/games/epsylon ... eWalls.htm

...for you to consider. These are just for reference you understand, not finished textures. Don't worry about the colour or brightness, just think of them in terms of texture.

01. Top left is modern, clean office, paint on plaster board.
02. Top right is painted plaster walls, a bit older, just like my flat.
03. Bottom left you can see through to the plaster texture.
04. Bottom right is unrendered plaster, rough finish.

I'm guessing you are visualising somewhere around 01. and 03., both of which look more modern. Tell me what you do and don't like and I'll carry on.

Also, is there any preferred way you'd like me to supply images and files? I can ftp them to my site or you might have another preferred method.

Thanks -- Edwin.

Dragonlord
Forum Administrator

Post by Dragonlord » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:23 pm

no problem about the time. take what you need to get things done.

the top left texture looks best matching the office. the color ( like you mentioned ) should be more lighter. maybe a bit less spots might be good ( two version for comparisson would be nice ). the top right and lower left i would imagine matches the sublevel area where things are in less good condition. i like this one two. it might also find use for other locations. the last one is a bit hard to see what it is ^_^.

hence aim for the top left as the office wallpaper and the top right as the one for the first sublevel.

about the format and sending it in there are a couple of ways. the format should be png. this should not bloat too much ( usually around 200k for a 512x512 texture, a bit more for larger images ). sending in by email would be the easiest. if you want to i can also make a http dump or an ftp upload account. i leave it up to you to choice what suits you better.

edwinbradford
First Steps

Post by edwinbradford » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:41 pm

Oops, sorry, didn't know you'd replied. I must have failed to set up the email notification option in my profile.

That's cool, all understood. I'll get on with it tomorrow. I don't think there will be any problem with emailing them to you, I can't think of anything that's going to be too bad a file size.

Catch you tomorrow. Thanks, Edwin.

Dragonlord
Forum Administrator

Post by Dragonlord » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:47 pm

just make sure it does not get over 4MB in size as i've set auto-bounce on my mail server for large mails.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable