DeNormGen on Mac Os X Leopard

Informations, Help and general talk around the Normal and Displacement Map Generator Tool.
Gecko
First Steps

DeNormGen on Mac Os X Leopard

Post by Gecko » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:21 am

I just managed to compile and run DeNormGen on Mac Os X Leopard with the help of Jsplifer's post (viewtopic.php?t=251) and wanted to share my experience.

Basically I just followed his instructions, however, there are a few additional things to consider when building on Leopard...

My fixes are based on Jsplifer's ideas and suggestions on how to compile and run DeNormGen on Mac Os X. So do what he says and add the fixes when they are needed (discribed below)

Before running ./configure for the fox-toolkit (I used version 1.6) you have to run the following in a terminal:

Code: Select all

export CC="gcc -dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
export CPP="gcc -E -dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
export CXX="g++ -dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
export CXXPP="g++ -E -dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
After that it should compile fine. Why is this needed? Just read http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2007/qa1567.html

Now before compiling DeNormGen (assuming that you have already patched to version 1.5 with DragonLord's patchfile) fire up a terminal and run:

cd /usr/local/include
sudo mkdir GL
sudo mv gl*.h GL
Again you'll have to set the CC, CPP, aso. flags but with a little more stuff added:

export CC="gcc -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
export CPP="gcc -E -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
export CXX="g++ -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
export CXXCPP="g++ -E -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
now browse to you DeNormGen directory in a terminal and run:

./configure
make
sudo make install
That's it. This is the way it worked out for me. Now you can run DeNormGen just fine in a X11 shell. If you can think of any improvements please post. If you have questions feel free to ask. Please excuse/ignore any strange phrasing since english isn't my native language.

PS: I don't guarantee success and I refuse to take responsibility for any damage this may cause.